ABSU JUPEB Admission Form for the 2019/2020 Academic Session has been announced. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the one-year JUPEB Programmes of Abia State University for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
JUPEB- MEANING AND PROGRAMME:
JUPEB means Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board and Abia State University is among the few Universities given approval to run JUPEB Programme.
The JUPEB Programme is for candidates who already possess their basic O’ Level Qualifications of at least five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB and are desirous of University Admission without taking JAMB Examinations i.e. the UTME. Any Successful candidate who obtained good grades at the end of the one-year intensive programme and is certificated by JUPEB would be qualified to apply for JAMB Direct Entry Admission into 200 levelin any of the following programmes/courses in Abia State University:
PROGRAMMES FOR ABSU JUPEB ACCORDING TO FACULTIES:
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agric. Economics & Extension
- Animal Science/Fisheries
- Crop Production& Protection
- Food Science & Technology
- Soil Science
- FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Plant Science & Biotechnology
- FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Banking & Finance
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Curriculum & Teacher Education
- Educational Administration & Planning
- Educational Foundations
- Psychological Foundations
- Science Education
- Vocational Education
- FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering & ICT
- Mechanical Engineering
- Survey & Geo-Informatics
- Computer Engineering
- FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Environmental Resource Management
- Estate Management
- Fine & Applied Arts
- Geography & Planning
- Urban & Regional Planning
- FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- Religious Studies & Philosophy
- English Language/Literature
- Foreign Language & Translation Studies
- History & International Relations
- Linguistics & Communication Studies/Igbo
- FACULTY OF LAW
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE & HEALTH SCIENCES
- Medical Laboratory
- Medicine & Surgery
- Nursing Science
- Public Health
- FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Computer Science
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Physics
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Library & Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT JUPEB
- Any Candidate with JUPEB Certificate who do not want to continue with Abia State University could apply through JAMB Direct Entry into second yearof his/her choice-course in any other University within the country.
- More so, with the JUPEB Certificate one can also secure admission outside the country.
NB. Candidates for admission into the ABSU JUPEB Programme MUST go through a qualifying/screening test.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Eligible candidates should log on to the ABSU portal (www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and generate an invoice.
- Proceed to any branch of our designated Banks listed below and pay the sum ofN10,000.00(Ten thousand naira) only:
ABSU Microfinance Bank, Sky Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc,
First Bank Plc, Eco Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, UBA Plc,
Union Bank Plc.
- Get back to ABSU Portal (www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and complete the Abia State University JUPEB or Pre-Degree/Remedial Studies Application Forms.
- Finally confirm your entry and print a copy of the Form as evidence of your application.
The Deadline for the submission of applications on-line is TUESDAY JULY 2, 2019.
The screening/qualifying test is scheduled in the University as follows:
DATES: WEDNESDAY, JULY 3, 2019 (ALL SCIENCES)
THURSDAY, JULY 4, 2019 (ALL NON-SCIENCES)
VENUE: NEW EXAM. HALL
TIME: 10.00 A.M.S
Dr. (Mrs) Evelyn N. Iheukwumere